Edward Leonard is a highly respected and experienced trial lawyer with over four decades of trial experience and over 95 civil cases to verdict.
Mr. Leonard has a phenomenal track record defending clients and has been extremely successful in an array of litigation matters representing major entities in a wide variety of sectors including transportation involving trucking and logistics cases.
Mr. Leonard is a member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA) from its inception in 1993 and has served on the Board as Secretary from 2002-2011. He remains a frequent lecturer for TIDA and for the Orange County Bar Association. He is an American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) attorney, served as the President of the Orange County Chapter in 2011, and remains on the Board of the Orange County ABOTA Chapter. He is also on the Board of the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel and has served as a civilian responder for the Orange County Sheriff Department’s Reserve Bureau.
Notable Trial Experience:
- Ramona v Ramona, Napa Superior Court: Repressed memory and sexual abuse case which received national coverage, with TV, print, and national publications. Demand to defendant hospital was $3 million but award was $25,000, which was the same percentage fault the jury awarded against plaintiff.
- Laurie Wilson v G.L. Nemirow, Inc., LA Superior Court: Defense verdict in case involving claim of wrongful termination of an ad executive. Case involved a multi-million dollar claim and a 4 week trial.
- Perez v State of California, Imperial County, CA: Defense verdict in a wrongful death case. Case involved a tractor trailer vs. automobile accident. Tractor trailer turning left off a state highway into a casino/truck stop. Defense proved the decedent was driving without his head lights on in his vehicle.
- Christopher Demerest v AMTRAK, LA Superior Court: Defense verdict in case involving FELA claim by AMTRAK train marshal injured while training. Liability was assumed per FELA rules.
- Aghazarian v Cal Lutheran University, Ventura Superior Court: Defense verdict in wrongful death case involving a 20-year-old college student who died of a cardiac attack while hunting lizards for a biology professor at Cal Lutheran.